Has it ever occurred to you that Deeper Red is abbreviated to Dr? Only one of us is a doctor. Wouldn’t the evil genius be Aurelian, Esq? One of us is using the other. You haven’t quite figured out which is which.
This week you will be given a series of fairly easy tasks. (I am not the evil genius that I am made out to be.) You also will be divided into new teams. Why? Because the teams were uneven and 28 divides into four, not three. I will put the teams into the comments below. Also, because she is evil, @DeeperRed may pop in this week with a flash challenge. I wouldn’t do that, not being evil and all.
In order to bring this whole exercise to a conclusion, the Eschatron 9000 must be given the right sequence of photos. As always, your watch must be clearly visible in the photo. The Eschatron 9000 has many functionalities, but its primary one is to be the McGuffin for this week.
I am going to give you a list of possible photographic tasks and they must be completed in exactly the right order. Not every task must be used. You have until 6:00 GMT on next Saturday to finish all of the tasks. Make each photo a comment to this post. Here is how it will work:
Each team will choose someone to lead off. Each first poster will post a photo of themselves and their watch, laughing, with their other teammates just out of frame. (Come on, that is easy.) Each post shall contain the time posted. The last of the first four to post will select one of the tasks and name one person from each team to complete it. Those persons will have 14 hours to complete the task. The last person to complete that task shall select a person from each team and a new task, and so on like before. No person or task shall be selected twice.
What happens if one of your teammates fails to post a task? Your team must then select someone to finish that task once the time has passed and select the new task and competitors. The person failing to timely complete a task shall spontaneously combust and will be out of the Scavenger Hunt.
Other than the first task listed above, here are your choices. You have been given a virtual reality headset to allow you the illusion of escaping this lab for the purposes of taking your photos. You know that I like old things, right?
· Post a photo of yourself in front of the oldest building in your town;
· Post a photo of yourself in front of the oldest statue in your town. If your town does not have a statue (some don’t) post a photo of yourself as a lawn jockey;
· Post a photo of yourself near the oldest bridge in your town;
· Post a photo of yourself reading the oldest book in your collection, not the oldest written, we are not getting into a “what is older, the Rigveda or Genesis?” debate, the oldest edition published;
· Post a wrist shot of your watch as an oil painting:
· Post a photo of you and your watch with an old fashioned (you may drink it if you wish);
· Post a photo recreating the flag of the Isle of Man
· Post a photo of you playing Twister;
· Post a photo you doing the Twist;
· Post a photo of yourself as the Doctor (if you choose Tom Baker you will receive an additional task).
The first team that finishes shall be able to select an additional task for the remaining teams.
So, next Saturday we will fire the old Eschatron 9000 up and see what happens. Remember, this is canon.