So, here is my list of watches I will be looking to add to my collection in 2022
1. Casio Oceanus OCW-T150-2AJF, or perhaps the OCW-T200SLE-2AJR- I would prefer the ice blue dial of the T150 over the deeper blue of the T200, but I am adding an Oceanus to my collection this year.
2. Casio G Shock GMWB5000G-1- I have a GMWB5000-1, but I have come to realize that I would prefer a black G Shock over a stainless steel one. If I can get a GMWB5000G-1, I will either sell my GMWB5000-1 or gift it to a family member who appreciates watches.
3. Axios Flagship- Miyota 9000 series movement in a beautiful dive watch with a BOR bracelet.
4. Phoibos Nebula- Miyota 9000 series movement in a watch that has a dive watch aesthetic but is not a dive watch, similar in appearance to the Seiko 5 SRPE.
5. Hemel Sea Dart- Again, Miyota 9000 series movement in a nice dive watch with a stainless-steel unidirectional bezel.
6. Seiko SRPH- This is the just released updated SNK. I saw this after I had posted my list, so this is the first change. Added
7. Bulova Devil Diver- Again, I am debating this one, but it is more likely than the Mil-Ships, as I have seen this for around $300 already this year. Still a lot for a watch with a Miyota 8000 series movement, but much more reasonable than the close to $800 MSRP. Changed from the A15. Ordered. Yet another watch for my Bulova Archive Series.
8. Seiko 5 SNKL23- I gave my grandson my SNK809 a few years ago and have wanted to replace it with an SNKL23 for a while. I figured I had better do it this year, so it is already ordered.
9. Islander #ISL-HMBT-1- (pre-ordered and paid for in full) I participated in the voting for this one and wanted to get one when they came out, so I included it in my watch list for this year.
My new Bulova Computron is not a part of this list, as it was a part of my list for 2021, which was all Islanders and budget watches except for the Computron. 😀 My list from 2020 was more varied.
I still haven’t made a final decision on which list I will be trying to follow, but my prediction is that I will follow the first version. I have made the second version of my list every year, and I have wound up following the first version every year to date. 🤣
Edit: I have already run across a new release so I am changing the list already. It didn't even make it a full day! 🤣 Below will be the list of watches removed starting with the Bulova Mil-Ships.